Tuesday, November 29

VS Fashion Show.

Not that I don’t appreciate a great body now and then.
But last night as I was watching the Victoria Secret Fashion Show,
I couldn’t help but notice how Twitter, Facebook, and even my own mind
was obsessing over the models bodies.
Sure they are stunning women,
but is that really what we are defining as beauty these days?
Their legs and arms hardly existed,
not to mention they had the rib cage of a malnourished fifteen-year-old.
I hope that women watching that show do not think that
that is what they need to look like to feel beautiful.

Living with 6 girls is sometimes, for the lack of a better world, chaotic.
Let’s face it that is a lot of hormones running through one small building.
Recently, with close friend eating issues,
one thing that’s been running through I think almost all of our minds
is weight and body image.
You would think that as seniors in college we would all be over that
and comfortable in our own skin.
Sadly, that doesn’t seem to be the case.
I’m not sure who is to blame for this;
the media, Hollywood, the fashion industry, our peers, ourselves?
It’s a never-ending question,
but who decided that looking like air was beautiful?


No comments: