Saturday, August 4

When You Fall.


Break ups are hard for every party involved. Often times they leave us sad, b u s t e d and broken down, seeming like there is no use in continuing on. People tell you that time will heal all wounds and soon you’ll find the light at the end of the tunnel. Sometimes I’m not so certain that ‘time’ can be a healing factor. Not for deep wounds. No, time can only serve as a band-aide covering the wounds but never fully healing them. There will always be those moments, those memories, those feelings that will forever be lurking deep down inside your heart and soul. At any moment a fire could be ignited and there you are again, back at stage one.

Once upon a time a close friend told me, “if it feels this good when it’s wrong, imagine how it’ll feel when it’s right.” I’ve always held that advice close to my heart and often refer back to it. However, advice such as that is exactly what terrifies me the most about that silly four-letter word.

The thought of finding a love, to love more than the love lost is terrifying. Honestly, I’m not sure my heart can handle that much love. If I’ve already felt like bursting at the seams with happiness I wonder if it will ever be happy to feel that way again. To have not only the happiness and attraction but also the passion. The passion to love deeply and truly despite distance, lies, gossip, the good and bad; it just seems like a fairytale that will never come true.

How many chances do we get for love in this world? An infinite amount? Do we get to keep trying until we finally get it right? A lot of people make the mistake to think that love comes easily and to everyone. I believe that it is very rare to find that special kind of love. The kind that tears you apart and breaks you down but at the same time, builds you up and helps you become the person you are meant to be. No, I believe a true, real love comes but once in a lifetime. So, what if you are certain that you've already had that love and then lost it? Is there any hope for you anymore? Does love every truly fade away? That is what I’m not sure of and that to me, is the most terrifying part of falling in love.