Thursday, August 9

you never know.


This past week a friend of mine lost the love of his life, his fiancĂ©, in a horrible and tragic car accident. She was much too young (only 22), too kind, too generous and too amazing to be taken from this earth. It completely broke my heart for my friend as I watched his world fall apart in a split second. His life, his dreams, his heart, everything, shattered before my eyes and nothing anyone could do or say could make it better. I couldn’t understand the pain that went through that family. If I had to try to imagine, I would guess that I would have to take the worst pain I’ve felt, the lowest of my lows, multiply it by 10 and it could still not compare.

I began to think a lot about the reason that things happen. I don’t know about you, but I’m a believer in God. I believe in Him and His plan for us. I dabble back and forth between a few ideas and thoughts but for the most part my beliefs have remained strong throughout my entire life.

Sometime along the days I seemed to have came up with something that makes sense to me. To me, the reason some people are taken from us so soon in life is simply because they are such good people. It seems to me that often times the ones who die young, as Billy Joel stated, are the good ones. Perhaps it’s because God decided that they have no more lessons to learn on this earth. They have proven to Him that they are good enough and ready to come home to Heaven. That seems to be the goal anyway, right? If we can prove to God early on in life that we don’t need to suffer through life on earth anymore, why not let him take you home?

The idea may seem far-fetched to some, but to each their own I suppose. On the other hand the sudden and young deaths have made me look at my life. I once saw a quote that said, “Is time a reminder of death or a reminder to start living?” I liked that. If I were faced with death right now, would I be ready to go home to Heaven? Probably not. There is still too much I need to see on this earth, too much I need to do, too many people I need to meet and too many lives I want to change. So, then I began thinking well what do I want to do in life. I’m a pretty ‘listy’ person, meaning I like to create lists. I began making a list of all the things I wanted to accomplish out of my life. It’s not too long but seems like it could be challenging to accomplish. It’ll keep my motivated though, which is exactly what I want it to do.

Your time is limited, you aren’t promised a tomorrow. Are you making the most of your todays? Do you tell the ones you love how you feel? Are you carrying hate in your heart? Are you forgiving with you should and apologizing when you should? Are you living the life YOU want to? Or, are you living the life someone else wants you to? Remember everyday should be a good day to die.
 Don’t lose the dreams inside your head. <3