Sunday, November 27

Home.



I was so happy to get the chance to hang out with my Mom all weekend. 
I really missed my family. 
My nieces and all their energy & personality. 
And my nephews with their smiles & laughs that light up the room. 
My dad and his big bear hugs.
And everyone else in my family that I was blessed with seeing this weekend.
Being at home grounds me and gives me a chance to escape 
all the noise and confusion that crowds my life in Minneapolis. 
I love seeing old friends from over the years as well as making new friends.

Because of a series of unfortunate/fortunate events 
(however you want to look at it)
 I’ve had to refocus on what it means to be “Brittany.” 
The best place to go to re-discover who I am, was obviously going home.

As mentioned in a previous post,
 I got to spend the weekend with my two dear friends Danielle and Marcus. 
Marcus was home for the weekend from Georgia where he recently graduated from ranger school.
Again, so proud of you!!
 I was ecstatic to see them but with seeing them brought hard news as well. 
It’s never fun to hear of a friend that will soon be off to risk his life
 for the freedom we as Americans enjoy without second thought, more on that later.

The holiday weekend at home reminded me about myself and who I am. 
It was some of the happiest days I’ve had in the past month or so. 
I’m excited to see how long I can hold out this bliss.

I’ve got nothing to do today but smile :) 

I wish that quote were completely true. 
Two and a half more weeks of stress to press on until the next break and home vacation.
 I cannot wait. 
See you soon, December.  
xo







No comments: