Monday, January 23

slacking.

I have been a complete slacker when it comes to my blog, lately.  :(
My last and final semester of college started last Tuesday!!
It still cannot be real. I feel like I am just a baby who just graduated high school. 
They always said these four years would fly by, but no one warned me it would go this fast!!
I am pretty happy with my class schedule. 5 classes right in a row. Tuesdays and Thursdays.
So far they have flown right by. 
My two favorite classes so far are magazine writing & photojournalism. 
I enjoy these the most because I like the idea of writing for a magazine rather than a newspaper. 
But ultimately, I would love to be a photojournalist.
I love the idea of being behind a camera, being the eyes to a foreign land 
for those who cannot see it themselves. 

On my first day of class one of my professors put this on the board:

"The stories people tell have a way of taking care of them. If stories come to you, care for them. 
And learn to give them away where they are needed. 
Sometimes, a person needs a story more than food to stay alive. 
That is why we put these stories in each other's memory. 
This is how people care for themselves." - Barry Lopez; Crow & Weasel

Make of it what you will, I found it inspring. 
It really re-enforced my dreams and what I want to do with my life come May. 

I am also getting very excited for my girls at SMDA (the studio i work at) to have their first performance on Saturday. All season they and I have been working hard, learning and perfecting their routines and I couldn't be more excited to show them off this weekend. 
Fingers crossed they will do great, as I know they can. 

More later. 
xo

No comments: