Tuesday, January 24

the hunger games.

Another reason for the slack in my writing is because I have consumed my spare time with reading:

The Hunger Games. 

For those of you who do not know what this is, I suggest you go to a book store or call up a friend
and get your hands on a copy of this trilogy. 
By far, some of the most amazing books I have read, to date. 
I read the first one this summer and had no idea that it was a series. 
Suddenly, the books became an over night sensation and a movie was being created for the series.
I bought the second two books and have been reading them as much as I am able. 
I am currently half way through the third book. 

I suggest everyone read these books, you will not be disappointed. 

The gist of the story goes: it's a story of 16-year-old Katniss Everdeen. She lives in the country, Panem, which is located where North America is currently.  There is a central government called the Capitol and twelve districts that lay outside of there. Long ago, the districts rebelled against the Capitol but the Capitol managed to remain in control. As punishment for their crimes, each year there is a televised event called "The Hunger Games." During this 'game' there is one female and one male from each of the districts chosen at random to go into a battlefield and fight to the death. The story follows Katniss and her journey to and through the Hunger Games. 

Honestly, I was a little sad to see that there was a movie being made for the books. 
I am the kind of person who, when i read a book, wants to create the characters and land for myself. 
I don't want someone else to tell me what the characters look like, talk like, act like. 
It's for my imagination. 
And often times I feel like movies ruin books. :/ 
Hopefully this will not be the case for these three phenomenal books. 
In case you wanted to get a sneak peak at the movie, I'll post the trailer below. 

:) but make sure you read the books before you see the movie!

My the odds be ever in your favor. 


No comments: