Wednesday, February 1

Feb.


It’s February!
 And perhaps the most loved/hated month of them all. 
I am indifferent about the whole thing, except for that it brings back extreme feelings of nostalgia. 
It’s been almost a year since my life did a complete 180 
and changed everything, but more on that later.

Whoever decided that February would be the month of love is beyond me. 
However, like I said I am indifferent of the whole thing. 
When you love someone do you really need a Hallmark Holiday
 to remind you to remind him or her how much you care? I don’t think so.

Love; it’s an interesting topic that in my short 21 years I’ll be the first to admit, I don’t fully understand. 
At the same time I wonder if anyone really understands it.
 We want it, crave it, are afraid of it, run from it, and ultimately need it. 
The one emotion can cause a bunch of other emotions to erupt. 
It drives you crazy, calms your soul, depresses you,
 and makes you feel like the happiest person in the world.

It’s something that for ages has dumbfounded people. 
Questions about it seem never ending as poets, musicians, writers, dancers, everyone, tries to define 
and make sense of this one emotion.
 It’s something I don’t know if I will ever fully understand or comprehend the power of this one thing.


“To love in spite of all is the secret of greatness. 
And may very well be the greatest secret in the universe.”


Happy February everyone! 
I promise to try to get out of the rut
and write more this month. 
xo



No comments: